Thursday, August 22, 2019

Blood & Gold: Naval Warfare in the Age of Piracy (FREE)

Hello again, gaming friends! Recently I was digging through some old game files and designs I'd never gotten around to finishing or publishing. I stumbled upon this one, which had been a favorite of mine at the time I was working on it. So, today, I bring you my latest print and play wargame creation:

Blood & Gold: Naval Warfare in the Age of Piracy

Take control of your very own pirate ship in this abstract simulation of naval warfare during the age of piracy and high adventure. Pillage towns and forts. Destroy rival pirate ships. Evade the Royal Navy. Survive harsh tropical storms. Escape with the gold.

Blood & Gold is an abstract solitare naval wargame set during the age of piracy. It uses a “point-to-point” map system as its main form of gameplay. You also have a list of 6 statistics that measure your pirate crew and ship. Finally, at the bottom of your map, you get a couple of useful tables for wind and sea rolls as well as damage tracks for enemy pirate ships and Royal Navy ships. (NOTE: This is the Print and Play version of the game. I had originally intended this to be a Game Crafter title, but had never gotten it off the ground.)

No comments:

Post a Comment