Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Play Over Video Chart For Free!

Hello, Gamers!

It is time for this week's Micro RPG update. I'm sending it a little early this week because this week's products are done sooner than expected. This includes TWO new deluxe gamebooks, one of which is free. Also, I really want to get the new set of Co-Op video chat rules into as many people's hands as soon as possible.


Game ad for Micro Chapbook Co-Op

I'm thrilled to announce the Micro Chapbook Co-Op deluxe game supplement for Micro Chapbook RPG. This is something I felt was very important to get out and into your hands during this time where we are all being quarantined (either still or again). This past two weeks, someone in my home tested positive for the virus, thus separating us even more from one another. It has shown me just how isolated we are. 

In that time I had done some digging into how we can better connect with games during this time. I was happy to see a few smaller game companies offering new rules and tips for playing games over video chat (Like rules for Munchkin by Steve Jackson Games). It made me realize how important this is to help us connect and it inspired me. I instantly set to work on a new deluxe book of co-op rules for Micro Chapbook RPG.

Micro Chapbook Co-Op is a set of add-on rules for the Micro Chapbook RPG system. The basic system is designed for simplicity, quickness of play, and ease of entry. It is ultimately a solo game . . . until now.

All of the gamebooks so far include a few tips for playing co-op, but these co-op rules give you more clear and precise guidelines to play this game and all of its adventure books with a group of players. NO GAME MASTER NEEDED!

This book also includes:

  • rules for character backgrounds
  • rules for party backgrounds
  • rules for party cohesion
  • OFFICIAL rules and tips for playing via VIDEO CHAT
  • a WHOLE NEW DUNGEON for use in any game, solo or co-op.

THIS BOOK IS FREE (or pay what you want) for everyone during quarantine in order to help gamers connect and play with friends and family over video chat. 

I truly hope this book can help you connect to family and friends at this time and have some simple and easy roleplaying fun.

If you want it in paperback, you can also get it on Amazon. 

Cover art


Swimming With Sharks

I'm also happy to announce the release of a new Adventure Module. Dead Reef Sharks.

I've been wanting to do a shark-themed game all summer long. Jaws is a favorite movie of mine and I love other horrible shark movies. However, I struggled with what kind of game to put out. Do I put out extra time and effort into a print and play board game? Do I make a quick roll and write? Finally, I decided on a short adventure module for Death in Dino Valley.

Dead Reef Sharks is a stand-alone short adventure module for the Death in Dino Valley roleplaying game set in a fantastical prehistoric world. This adventure can be played on its own or as part of the larger game presented in Death in Dino Valley core rulebook. This book includes the rules basics, which may have some differences from the full rules in the core rulebook. The adventure contained herein takes the player onto the ocean near Dino Valley in search of an underwater cave called the “Dead Reef.”

This book includes:

  • Rules Basics to Get Newcommers Started
  • 2 New Dino Companions
  • New Rules for Building a Raft
  • New Rules for Swimming
  • A Stand-Alone Advneture With 2 Dungeon Scenarios
Get it now for only 99 cents on Drive Thru. The printed edition is also coming to Amazon soon in full color. 

 Cover art

That's all for this week, folks! 

Hope you all stay happy and safe!

Game on

-Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment