Friday, October 19, 2018

Monster Wars Micro War Game

Dear Fellow Gamers,

HAPPY HALLOWEEN am happy to announce the release of my second print and play war game just in time for the spookiest holiday of the year: Monster Wars.

After the incredibly warm reception of my last game, Pirate Sails, as well as the donations from many of you toward the game, I decided to try and make another. Since I love Halloween and old classic monster movies, I decided it was fitting to do something in a horror theme.

I don't believe there are many war games out there with this type of theme. At it's core, it truly is a fantasy war game that happens to have all dark races. The system is a slightly simplified and dumbed down version of some fantasy miniatures rules I made for myself and friends a few years back. (One of these days I'll actually write them in a more professional form to give to you guys!)

This is also my first time making any type of game that has asymmetrical armies. Trying to get a good balance is hard work, for sure. Some of the monsters are easier to play than others, but in the end it all comes down to a bit of strategy and a good helping of luck with the dice.

You can download it for FREE from the Wargame Vault.

Number of Players: 2 - 4
Time to Play: 30-45 Minutes
Complexity: Low+
Solitaire Sustainability: Medium
Footprint: Small
Theme: Fantasy/Horror


No comments:

Post a Comment